Wednesday, September 5, 2018

About Me

About Me
My name is Alaina Kaylie
Kilinahemalieokalani Kedro. My middle name is Hawaiian and was given to me by my aunty who had it given to her in a dream. It means the soft gentle mist from the heavens above. I was born and raised in Kāneʻohe, Hawaiʻi on the island of Oʻahu.


I was raised in a traditional Hawaiian family with Hawaiian morals and values. I am very family oriented being that I have a very blended family. I was raised by my grandparents because my mom was a single parent and had to work a lot in order to provide for me. My mom met my step dad when I was around 1 and he became a really close man in my life. So when people ask, I always say that I have 4 parents. I have a very big family that goes on with our favorite saying "It takes a village." And it really did take a village to raise me. I am so blessed to have had this village as my support system.



I went to an all Hawaiian private school since 4th grade called Kamehameha Schools. This is where I made all of my friends that I have today including my best friend, Kelsea Casabar, who is a sophomore here at Concordia and also my roommate.

My mom is a flight attendant for Hawaiian Airlines so we fly free. This also means that we travel a lot, which is one of my hobbies. My favorite places to travel to is Japan or Utah.
I was a competitive cheerleader for my school from 6th grade to sophomore year and I also cheered for Aloha Cheer Academy, which is an all-star team in Hawaii. I stopped cheering because of the three concussions that I got from it. 

My senior year of high school I joined the speech and debate team and competed in Duo Interpretation and Dramatic Interpretation. This became one of my passions. I enjoyed it so much because of my team and just the fact that you could really be yourself with no judgment. 


My music taste includes rap, indie, country, Hawaiian and a lot more. I have a lot of favorite artists like The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey, Post Malone, Sam Smith and many more. 

I am a book lover. I love reading any of John Greens books and Jennifer Niven. My favorite book is All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. 


My short-term goals: 
Quit my habits of procrastination and create better study habits.
Succeed in college and the nursing program. 
Make as many memories as I can and try to be more social and make friends. 



My long-term goals:  
Explore as much of the world as I can and learn about all of the different cultures and religions. 
Become a nurse.
Find a good job
Create a family of my own 
Have a house in the country with my own garden and ranch with many animals. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Process Blog

How To Do A Simple Half Cut Crease  Materials used in this tutorial:  Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer Tarte Shape Tape Co...